• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent Resident - Green Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

santhij01

CT State
I am on H1B visa and I have it active till Jan 2013. I do not have my current employer sponsoring the GC.

I was able to get a consulting firm to start the GC process on future employent basis and got my PERM approved. They have filed for I140 and its has come back with an RFE and I have submitted the request documents.

Situation : The firm is not ready to share the PERM document (This is a AXXX number and I have this ) and I140 numbers so is there a way to get a copy.

If I plan to invest in a business then what category can I get the GC and how long will the process take? What will be the capital amount I may need to have in my account for the same. The business would be in partnership with US citizens.
Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:

ImmigAttyLana

Investing in a business does not give you a right to a green card unless it is through an investor visa (EB5) where you invest a million dollars (or $500000 in some areas) and create at least 10 US jobs.

santhij01

Thank you Lana. I inderstood regarding the investement options. The business, should it be a single invester for 1 million or can be with other partners.

Please also let me know if there is a way to get a copy of my PERM and I140 if the firm does not provide one.

With regards,
Santhi

ImmigAttyLana

It can be an investment along with others but your portion has to be at least 1M or 500k if it qualifies.

There is no way to compel the employer to give you a copy of the PERM or the I-140 since those are employer petitions. However, if they truly want you to work for them and went through the lengths of applyng, there is probably no need for you to get a copy of it but just to proceed with the petition and the petitioning company's assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">