• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pls help-- h1 transfer ,no paystubs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

app_help

Im in CA and my employer is in NY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lana,
I need your help.Pls suggest me how to go ahead .
My problem is Im on H1 B from nov 2007 and im currently working for a a company B (as contract) through a company A(my h1 is been held by them) .My problem is im getting paid (very minimal) and im denied paystubs.Now i want to join company B .Im working with company B as contract from JAn 2008, till then my employer company A couldnt find a job for me .I got the job in company B with friends and relatives referring me.

My question is :

1.Is there any way where im not into trouble in any ways and i can get my H1 transfered to company B.I would appreciate if u gives me a onetime solution to this problem ,without me being in problem (financially or legally) .

If it works out thru some lawyers, what could be the typical amount that would be charged and what are my chances of succeding provided i have the proofs of working in the company B, ,my bankstatments ,I797 ,no paystubs.

ur suggestions are higly appreciated.

ImmigAttyLana

You don't necessarily need paycheck stubs if you can get other proof that you are maintaining valid H-1B status by working for the petitioning employer. If you cannot prove it, your new company's H-1B visa petition can still be approved but most likely as consular processing and not as a transfer.

app_help

Ana,
Can you please list out what you meant by other proofs.
It will be really helpful to me.
As i said earlier, i have my bank records which shows that the salary .
I have my i-797,and my current contract employer id and other mail discussions where i had asked for my pay-stubs, but no reply for it and the timesheet details for every month.

Pls suggest me .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">