• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plz help if you can

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsach

What is the name of your state? KY
I entered US after marriage. Husband was on H1. After coming here I have Converted from H4 TO f1 and got masters from here. Husband's employer filed in RIR for both of Us - EB3 category. Husband passed away accidently before few months. What will happen to his labor certification. Can I still proceed and get it approved?
I-140/485 has not been filed yet.

I already filed for my H1 in master degree quota thru consultant. but I guess he missed the deadline. hasn't got my receipt yet. Have a small US Citizen child.What is the name of your state?

ImmigAttyLana

I am sorry about your situation but you will not be able to benefit from that labor cert as his spouse since that petition was for him only and you were not at the stage where you can benefit from your marital relationship and his approved petition. You would have to have your own employer file on your behalf in order for you to be able to remain in the US and gain permanent residence.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">