• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of Naturalization Process - Form N565

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acdd7081

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I became a US Citizen when I joined the Coast Guard, however a few years ago I lost all of documentation due to becoming Homeless. I attempted to get my ss card but was told I needed to go to the Immigration Office and at the IM Office was told I needed to file for my Naturalization papers once again. I submitted the form and paid the fee on February 2015. However, I am in a bind, I am not able to accept job offers as I only have one form of acceptable identification (my DL or Military ID). I have had a few job offers I had to refuse and have an opportunity once again to accept an offer but I have no status or updates on when I can expect my naturalization papers so I may obtain my ss card. Because of this I am unable to pay my rent as I have no other means of income. I requested an expedite for my N565 form but was denied.

Is there anything else I can do to provide proof of citizenship and ability to work. All I have are my ID's and Military Paperwork. Any advice is greatly appreciated as the job starts in August and have an offer pending.

Thank you very much

t74

Contact your congressman's and senators' offices; they have people dedicated to constituent services who can sometimes blast things free from the paper jams.

t74

Also check with your local veterans services groups and the VA programs geared for homeless/unemployed vets.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I became a US Citizen when I joined the Coast Guard, however a few years ago I lost all of documentation due to becoming Homeless. I attempted to get my ss card but was told I needed to go to the Immigration Office and at the IM Office was told I needed to file for my Naturalization papers once again. I submitted the form and paid the fee on February 2015. However, I am in a bind, I am not able to accept job offers as I only have one form of acceptable identification (my DL or Military ID). I have had a few job offers I had to refuse and have an opportunity once again to accept an offer but I have no status or updates on when I can expect my naturalization papers so I may obtain my ss card. Because of this I am unable to pay my rent as I have no other means of income. I requested an expedite for my N565 form but was denied.

Is there anything else I can do to provide proof of citizenship and ability to work. All I have are my ID's and Military Paperwork. Any advice is greatly appreciated as the job starts in August and have an offer pending.

Thank you very much
Are you talking about a situation where you have never had a Social Security number or are you talking about a situation where you have lost your Social Security card?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">