• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

java.lang

I am a non-immigrant student aged 24 graduating in January of 2010.I have been working from month of August 2009 in Bentonville.I have CPT authorization to work.I will be applying OPT soon and in an year H1 as well.

I have been recently charged with Public Intoxication by Police of Bentonville,Arkansas.I was arrested and made to stay whole night in prison.My finger prints were taken before i was let out in the morning,i was also photograhped.

I have hired a attorney to fight my case.First thing we would try to do is to get the case dismissed so that it does not show up in my record.

Qusetion:
How will this effect my chances in getting Job's in future and getting my H1 approved ...H1 stamping ....etc.If i cannot get the Case dismissed , what is the next best thing to fight for so that i don't face any issues with Immigration or any job trials in future.

I would really appreciate if you can provide me your valuable suggestions.

stranger4u

PLease advice

Hi I am in a similar situation now. Hired an attorney hopefully will get it dismissed. But please advice the possible outcomes?
Thanks

I am a non-immigrant student aged 24 graduating in January of 2010.I have been working from month of August 2009 in Bentonville.I have CPT authorization to work.I will be applying OPT soon and in an year H1 as well.

I have been recently charged with Public Intoxication by Police of Bentonville,Arkansas.I was arrested and made to stay whole night in prison.My finger prints were taken before i was let out in the morning,i was also photograhped.

I have hired a attorney to fight my case.First thing we would try to do is to get the case dismissed so that it does not show up in my record.

Qusetion:
How will this effect my chances in getting Job's in future and getting my H1 approved ...H1 stamping ....etc.If i cannot get the Case dismissed , what is the next best thing to fight for so that i don't face any issues with Immigration or any job trials in future.

I would really appreciate if you can provide me your valuable suggestions.

asiny

This thread is from 2009- I don't think the OP is going to return.... also;
Don't necropost- start your own thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">