• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding green card perm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lewism

Hi,

I live in Massachusetts. My employer filed for my perm (Application for Permanent Employment Certification). It has been 1 months but I have not yet received any confirmation from USCIS. Do I get any letter by mail confirming that the application has been received?

Thanks.

lisaanderson05

Hi,

I live in Massachusetts. My employer filed for my perm (Application for Permanent Employment Certification). It has been 1 months but I have not yet received any confirmation from USCIS. Do I get any letter by mail confirming that the application has been received?

Thanks.
1. The PERM application is filed with the Dept. of Labor, not USCIS.
2. The PERM application is filed by the attorney and/or employer so only they will receive any confirmation. Shortly after filing the PERM application, the employer receives an email from DOL asking four questions. Once the employer responds, the PERM goes to analyst review. The status of the PERM can be checked by the employer or the attorney online. Status cannot be checked by the employee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">