• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions regarding PR application...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluevisor

What is the name of your state? Mother lives in Maryland.

My mother is a US citizen, she filed the I-130 for me on 9/26/2001, which was approved on 1/13/2005. Concerning my marital status might change, she did not file the other form (I-485?).

I studied in the US from 1999 to 2003, on a G4 visa. The visa expired on 3/31/2003, I left the US in June 2003.

I lived in China ever since, got married, and now divorced.

My questions are:
1, where am I in the whole process right now?
2, when is the earliest and latest time for me to file the I-485? (or what's the correct form if I live outside the US?), and how long is that going to take?
3, would the late departure in 2003 affect my application?
4, would the marital status change affect my application? (does divorced = unmarried?) do I have to tell the immigration service that?

TIA for your help!
John

p.s., G4 visa is a dependent visa of my mother, which was theoretically voided after she became the US citizen. I think it was 2002.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">