• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refugee status and traveling EU

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

js12js

immigration and refugee status

Hello there, I am a non EU citizen and I had applied to refugee status in Southern Ireland and received a residency stamp 4. I gave away my passport and national ID card to the refugee office. Later I have left Ireland through my country's embassy without informing Irish government and without returning my residency card or taking my passport. Now It has been over two years and I am planning to visit the UK soon on a student or tourist visa. My question is will there be any legal procedures? because in the refugee center they took my finger prints. Will there be any interrogation in the airport , or am I free to travel and go back as I wish?

Just Blue

immigration and refugee status

Hello there, I am a non EU citizen and I had applied to refugee status in Southern Ireland and received a residency stamp 4. I gave away my passport and national ID card to the refugee office. Later I have left Ireland through my country's embassy without informing Irish government and without returning my residency card or taking my passport. Now It has been over two years and I am planning to visit the UK soon on a student or tourist visa. My question is will there be any legal procedures? because in the refugee center they took my finger prints. Will there be any interrogation in the airport , or am I free to travel and go back as I wish?
U.S. Law Only.

OHRoadwarrior

The only issue I can foresee is a claim by the government you committed immigration fraud when claiming asylum and their seeking a refund of monies used for your support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">