• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remarriage on Conditional Green Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jordanhere

I got my green card through marriage to US citizen in August 2009. However, I have decided to marry someone else. She is also a US citizen. I want to know if I can file a new application for green card for we do not want to file the I-751 waiver.

I am asking this because some one told me I can't do this because I am already a resident and some one else said why not. What is the right answer?

I got my green card through marriage to US citizen in August 2009. However, I have decided to marry someone else. She is also a US citizen. I want to know if I can file a new application for green card for we do not want to file the I-751 waiver.

I am asking this because some one told me I can't do this because I am already a resident and some one else said why not. What is the right answer?

Have you removed the conditions yet?

jordanhere

No it is still conditional. I want to file a new AOS application. Sort of give up my current green card and start a new process altogether. Are you a lawyer "CurrentlyUndone"?

Last edited:

evcalyptos

You need to GET a lawyer; you can't do what you propose (give up and start over).
Your applications will likely be reviewed for fraudulent intent. This is really not something to do alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">