+ Reply to Thread
    jordanhere is offline Junior Member

Remarriage on Conditional Green Card

I got my green card through marriage to US citizen in August 2009. However, I have decided to marry someone else. She is also a US citizen. I want to know if I can file a new application for green card for we do not want to file the I-751 waiver.

I am asking this because some one told me I can't do this because I am already a resident and some one else said why not. What is the right answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanhere View Post
    I got my green card through marriage to US citizen in August 2009. However, I have decided to marry someone else. She is also a US citizen. I want to know if I can file a new application for green card for we do not want to file the I-751 waiver.

I am asking this because some one told me I can't do this because I am already a resident and some one else said why not. What is the right answer?

Have you removed the conditions yet?
    jordanhere is offline Junior Member
    No it is still conditional. I want to file a new AOS application. Sort of give up my current green card and start a new process altogether. Are you a lawyer "CurrentlyUndone"?
    Last edited by jordanhere; 02-02-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    evcalyptos is offline Senior Member
    You need to GET a lawyer; you can't do what you propose (give up and start over).
    Your applications will likely be reviewed for fraudulent intent. This is really not something to do alone.