• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting Fake Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bortolli

What is the name of your state? NJ
How effective is reporting a fake marriage to INS ?
And how is it done ?

HappyHusband

bortolli said:
What is the name of your state? NJ
How effective is reporting a fake marriage to INS ?
And how is it done ?
It is hit and miss. You can contact the Dept. of Homeland Security or ICE, just make sure you use the proper forms and pay the appropriate fees.

If someone is seeking immigration status through marriage, the couple has to attend two or more interviews with USCIS to demonstrate that the marriage is genuine enough. So, unless you are the husband or wife of this "fake" marriage, mind your own business.

bortolli

A friend of mine is afraid someone is going to report his marriage as a fraud marriage.
I was just wonderingh how effective the reporting really is

HappyHusband

bortolli said:
A friend of mine is afraid someone is going to report his marriage as a fraud marriage.
I was just wonderingh how effective the reporting really is
As long as the marriage is legitimate and they have the various required documents to prove it, then they have nothing to worry about.
If they make it through all the USCIS interviews and the immigrant is given status, I don't think USCIS is going to revoke anything due to an unsolicited tip.
Who knows which reports they take seriously and which ones they ignore. The truth is they have more important things to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">