• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for more info for I864

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lilruf

What is the name of your state? GA

Hi,

My husband recently filed for me (He is a US Citizen & I am currently in the US). We filed all the necessary documents. My husband is employed full time and also has recently (since this year) started up an online company. We sent in W2 forms for the last three years along with the tax returns, he is using both his vehicles as assets so both receipts of final sale was sent in (both vehicles are relatively new estimate resale value together $32,000) and he also used his newly started company as a source of income to meet the income requirements when the I864 was originally sent in. However we received a notice from USCIS for additional
information for the I864, for a Schedule C, C-EZ etc. for the business, we do not have these because he just started up the business, he however requested a transcript from the IRS for his recent tax returns to send those in to USCIS, what do you suggest we do should I get a co - sponsor?

Thanks in Advance:confused:

ImmigAttyLana

Schedule C is one of the schedules he would have completed if he is self-employed as this is where one indicates all the business expenses, etc. If his income did not come up to the level necessary, then you should get a co-sponsor but if he just omitted a portion of his tax return, he should get a complete copy and resubmit it to the USCIS.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Lilruf

Re: I 864 help

My Husband never filed a Schedule C with the IRS, I am considering getting a Co - Sponsor or Joint Sponsor which form do I give the Co- Sponsor or Joint Sponsor to fill out fill out ?

Thanks in Advance

evcalyptos

My Husband never filed a Schedule C with the IRS, I am considering getting a Co - Sponsor or Joint Sponsor which form do I give the Co- Sponsor or Joint Sponsor to fill out fill out ?

Thanks in Advance
First--is your husband's CURRENT income (without the new business) sufficient for the Poverty Guideline for your household?
If no, is it sufficient WITH the new business?

If he needs the income from both sources, how can he prove his income --this year-- from the new business? Does he have invoices, contracts etc from his customers?

Do YOU earn any income? Have you included your own income on the I-864?

Whatever you do, you MUST respond to the RFE, and explain that there is no Sched C, that this is the first year for the business and it hasn't filed a return yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">