• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rescheduling my interview.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anju.sen

What is the name of your state? wi
Dear ImmigAttyLana,
I last wrote to you about being out of the country and hence being unable to attend the biometrics interview. My husband in the meantime has sent a letter to the local USCIS office requesting for rescheduling the interview after I return from my home country in a month's time. He still hasn't received any date for the new biometrics interview.
I do have all the proper travel documents to reenter U.S. 9 INCLUDING EXTENSION OF THE GREEN CARD FOR 1YR)
We are however v. worried that as to what would happen if we do not get a new date or hear from the Uscis office. Will our petition be denied then?(since I'm unable to attend the original interview) How can we be assured of a new date for the biometrics?Does my husband have to go and meet the immigration officer in person and request for rescheduling?
Pl.advice.

ImmigAttyLana

He can follow up on the letter but it is not an immediate response that he should expect to get. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for the USCIS to respond to the request with the new date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">