• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aidee75100

y mom is suppose to receive her residency this year because my uncle sponsored her 2001. Two years ago, my mom and dad got in trouble by committing welfare fraud. They went to court and they are paying the government each month and doing community service hours. My mom wants to know if she should proceed with the residency process or she should stop because she can get deported because of the welfare fraud.

FlyingRon

Absent knowing the details of how she came to be present, we can't give a real good answer. However, she's in deep kimche and she needs to be talking to lawyers familiar with both immigration and criminal law issues at this point and not relying on her relatives relaying a half-assed rendition of what happens to an internet forum and misrepeating what he is told back to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">