• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resident's possible obstacle to naturalization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wassdeet

CA is state

I'm a Canadian resident alien,Permanent Green Card, entered country 1990 and have lived in Los Angeles since then. I am now considering naturalization at age 65 and have two areas that might be of question;

Re: travel outside USA. Being Canadian and with most of my family in Canada I have traveled to Canada at least once a year, sometimes twice. The form calls for specific dates of which, in the past 20 years, would be impossible for me to specify to dates, etc. My 3 trips to Europe are easily listed.

Regarding question about "overdue taxes": I do owe back taxes and am on a payment plan with IRS.

Any comments appreciated.

Last edited:

ImmigAttyLana

You only need to provide information about the international travel dates for the previousl 5 years. For the trips to Canada, you should do your best to approximate the dates of travel and the duration of each trip. Perhaps crossreferencing your airline tickets (if you have flown) with credit card statements for activity in Canada can provide you with additional documentation.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">