• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Section 212(a)(3)(B)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

selmac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ct

I was approved asylum 3 years ago and have filled out the I-485 for my green card, I did all the required , fingerprints, medical...... my processing time was taking longer than usual so i called the number and they sent me an e-mail......The status of this service request is:

Your case is on hold because you appear to be inadmissible under Section 212(a)(3)(B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which you appear to be subject. Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are holding adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional exercises of the Secretary of Homeland Security's discretionary exemption authority. Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve your case**************...

what does this mean and what should I do next????

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ct

I was approved asylum 3 years ago and have filled out the I-485 for my green card, I did all the required , fingerprints, medical...... my processing time was taking longer than usual so i called the number and they sent me an e-mail......The status of this service request is:

Your case is on hold because you appear to be inadmissible under Section 212(a)(3)(B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which you appear to be subject. Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are holding adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional exercises of the Secretary of Homeland Security's discretionary exemption authority. Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve your case**************...

what does this mean and what should I do next????
If you google the code, you will see what it says. Strangely, I've seen this come up three times in the past month without ever hearing about it before.

The letter is saying that instead of outright telling you 'no', they are going to wait to see if the Secretary of Homeland Security will make an exception for you.
I don't know if there is anything you or a lawyer can do to move that forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">