• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sending Evidence Without Request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? WA
Can i send evidence of bona fide marriage with out USCIS sending me a request to do so?
ive been told on here, if i file the I-130 only i don't have to send evidence,but the I-130 instruction sheet said i need to send at least 1 or more supporting evidence, i send my marriage certificate & thats about it? so should i send wedding pictures,joint bills,my wife's SS card with my lastname,her tax papers filing Married etc.....
I hope my petition wont be denied.And do the I-130 have an Interview? if so should i take the evidence to the interview.

ImmigAttyLana

You don't send any of that evidence with the petition as it is not required and it is not expected that it would be sent with the initial petition.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

ImmigAttyLana

Not if it's filed in the US and the sponsored spouse is in the US. There is no point for the interview because nothing else is being requested in terms of visa or status. There is only an interview if it's for consular processing for an immigrant visa or in connection with the application for adjustment of status.

As I told you in several posts before, the I-130 approval does not really give you any type of benefit or standing or status and that is why there is really no determination of whether it is a valid marriage or not. It is just a decision based on the documentation you provided that you are married. That's all. It's only if and when you apply for the status of permanent resident that your marital relationship is reviewed to determine if you are eligible for a green card on the basis of the bona fide nature of your marriage.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Ok i got it now,thanks, & about the I-102 approval notice,does the I-94 comes with it , do i have to wait for it in the mail or i have to pick it up from my local field office? im just anxious to know sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">