• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short Term travel on Green Card without Passport?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nycetouch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY, although I also reside in Florida some months of the year. Registered as alien in NY though.

I just got approved for a Green card, permenant residency. Now I would like to take that vacation abroad I have been dreaming about for 19 years living here... (complicated situation) However, the difficulty is that I came here as a young child and did not have my own passport, I was instead in the back of my mother's passport as was done in Russia at the time. How do I go about taking a short vacation abroad (much less than 6 months) without possessing a passport?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

nycetouch

Well, no concrete plans yet, but I've always wanted to visit Europe - the biggies: Paris, London, Germany, Italy, etc.
Is there no way for me to be allowed to travel without a Russian issued passport? I'm entirely unsure how I would even go about obtaining one. And I'm sure I will have a lot more restrictions in my ability to travel between the EU countries with such a passport?
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, no concrete plans yet, but I've always wanted to visit Europe - the biggies: Paris, London, Germany, Italy, etc.
Is there no way for me to be allowed to travel without a Russian issued passport? I'm entirely unsure how I would even go about obtaining one. And I'm sure I will have a lot more restrictions in my ability to travel between the EU countries with such a passport?
Thanks
You'll need a valid passport - not commenting on who may issue that passport, I'll let the pros do that ;)

AHA

You need a valid passport to travel internationally, now more than ever! Google "russian passport in the us" to find out how to get one. Apart from that the obvious direct channel would be the Russian Embassy or consulate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">