• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I stay or should I go?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nbon07

In August 2015, my OPT expired and immediately applied for an H1B Visa. It unfortunately got denied at the end of May 2016. We did not appeal and therefore In June, I began collecting evidence for an O1 petition and will submit this week. All this time, I remained in the USA as I was told by my lawyer that you are given an 180 day grace period to remain in the U.S. If this is correct, may I leave the U.S. and re-enter the U.S. as a tourist, whilst my O1 petition is pending or should I remain in the U.S. and wait for a response regarding my O1 petition?

Very worried that I am entering an unlawful presence or without status. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">