• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sponsor has never filed tax return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bamabeauty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Can a person that has worked but have never filed a tax return be a sponsor?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'mTheFather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Can a person that has worked but have never filed a tax return be a sponsor?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Well, since the sponsor is supposed to submit copies of tax returns with the affidavit, it seems unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Why hasn't the person filed a return?

bamabeauty

He has worked off and on as a promotor for different night clubs and has been paid very little and it has never been a steady income. He has also been incarcerated in the past, so I (mother) has been his main source of income. I will be a co-sponsor. Will a letter from his employers be sufficient and if so, what will the letter state?

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
He has worked off and on as a promotor for different night clubs and has been paid very little and it has never been a steady income. He has also been incarcerated in the past, so I (mother) has been his main source of income. I will be a co-sponsor. Will a letter from his employers be sufficient and if so, what will the letter state?
You do realize that if you sponsor an immigrant that you will be responsible for their support as well? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">