• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a state govt dept of agriculture H1b cap-exempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vnsraghavan

Hi,

I am being considered for employment by a state-level department of agriculture for a specialized position which requires unique international experience. But I suspect they might not wait until Apr 2014 to file H1b visa. So, if I need to get hired immediately, would like to know:

1) Is it H1b "cap exempt"? (to file the application anytime of the year)

2) If NOT, then what are the other visa options available to hire a foreigner. And the timeline for each visa category.

Any guidance on the above points would be much appreciated.

Best
SRNV

lisaanderson05

Hi,

I am being considered for employment by a state-level department of agriculture for a specialized position which requires unique international experience. But I suspect they might not wait until Apr 2014 to file H1b visa. So, if I need to get hired immediately, would like to know:

1) Is it H1b "cap exempt"? (to file the application anytime of the year)

2) If NOT, then what are the other visa options available to hire a foreigner. And the timeline for each visa category.

Any guidance on the above points would be much appreciated.

Best
SRNV
1. Depends on many factors- you should seek the advice of an immigration attorney

2. For a specialized position, not many unless you are special or have extraordinary ability. See an immigration attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">