• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staying out of US for a year after approved i140

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hariharan.ln

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

hi
i have h1 from company A valid till june 2017 stamped.My wife is in H4 stamped. and have a child born last month in US.
she got MBA seat in india and going to india this september/october for 2 year education.
i am planning to take a 1 year leave from March 2016 to March 2017 .
my Employer started my GC just this month and have all documents submitted to my attorney for verification.

Question:
would this 1 year break affect my GC process or reentry to US anyway ? i am planning to work for Company B in india during that 1 year leave.
( i asked my current employer not to revoke my H1B and they agree to that)
would USCIS revoke my H1B as i am not in payroll?
should i wait untill my i140 approved and then take 1 year leave?
does This plan make sense.

Kindly help me and thanx in advance

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

hi
i have h1 from company A valid till june 2017 stamped.My wife is in H4 stamped. and have a child born last month in US.
she got MBA seat in india and going to india this september/october for 2 year education.
i am planning to take a 1 year leave from March 2016 to March 2017 .
my Employer started my GC just this month and have all documents submitted to my attorney for verification.

Question:
would this 1 year break affect my GC process or reentry to US anyway ? i am planning to work for Company B in india during that 1 year leave.
( i asked my current employer not to revoke my H1B and they agree to that)
would USCIS revoke my H1B as i am not in payroll?
should i wait untill my i140 approved and then take 1 year leave?
does This plan make sense.

Kindly help me and thanx in advance
This is something you should get an Immigration Attorney Consult for. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">