• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student visa holder(F1) wants to get marry to a US citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

viktorija

What is the name of your state? CA

I am a F1 visa holder, and I am already in the states for 6 months.
Few months ago I've met a guy and we are recently talking about getting married. What is the procedure and can we expect the whole process to last long?
Also,once we get married, am I allowed to work in the States legally?I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some useful info about it.
Thanks alot

zxed

viktorija said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I am a F1 visa holder, and I am already in the states for 6 months.
Few months ago I've met a guy and we are recently talking about getting married. What is the procedure and can we expect the whole process to last long?
Also,once we get married, am I allowed to work in the States legally?I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some useful info about it.
Thanks alot
be prepared to be married for at least 2.5 years to get a perm green card. initially you will only get a temp card. Also, if you are not dating each other, or you are marrying for the green card you should acknowledge that it is illegal to do so, and could face criminal charges and/or fines, im not saying everyone gets caught, people do get by because of luck, but in the end it is a lie and you are lying to a federal agent.

So if your marriage is real.
go to vegas
get married
come back
get a lawyer who will do the paperwork for you
you will then be able to work
go for your interview
get your temp green card
2 years later get it changes to a perm green card
and live happily ever after.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">