• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traveling abroad/PC1000 diversion program...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asdf

hey guys,

i was granted CA penal code 1000 deferred entry of judgement for a felony possession of a controlled substance back in november 2006. the terms are that i have to complete a drug diversion program which i have done and i am currently awaiting a court date in 6/2008 to get the charges dismissed/expunged.

what i was wondering was if i am allowed to travel abroad before my court date (i'm pretty sure i can because it doesnt say anywhere in court papers that im not allowed to and i dont have a PO). i'm going on a study tour in Asia and i need to apply for a visa to stay a little over 30 days. will my application for a visa go through? there was a question on the form that asked if i have a criminal record, but as far as im concerned pc1000 means i have not been convicted of anything.

i know i wont have a problem getting out of the country but will they give me a hard time when i come back? I'm scared that they will hassle me when i go through the immigration checkpoint because i will be traveling with family and i really do not want this to happen. as far as im concerned my record is clean because under the terms of pc1000, the judgment is deferred to a later date. also will my application for a visa be approved?

any help would be appreciated thanks!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">