• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing a deportable crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New York

So apparently I was sitting in a section of the railroad station where I needed to have a ticket (this I didn't know), I was waiting until my train came to get a ticket. Anyway, i was served a summons to appear in court charged with trespassing (a violation). I'm a foreign student though. Is this a deportable offense?

Last edited:

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? New York

So apparently I was sitting in a section of the railroad station where I needed to have a ticket (this I didn't know), I was waiting until my train came to get a ticket. Anyway, i was served a summons to appear in court charged with trespassing (a violation). I'm a foreign student though. Is this a deportable offense?
Is this your only infraction? If so, then you will be OK. If not, then that will be up to the powers to be.

quincy

Your questions probably could have been answered more easily if you had put them in one post instead of three.....but the fact remains that, you were issued the summons because you did NOT go and buy a train ticket, apparently, and just remained in the station. Had your intent been to buy a ticket, the officer would not have issued the summons.

Your questions probably could have been answered more easily if you had put them in one post instead of three.....but the fact remains that, you were issued the summons because you did NOT go and buy a train ticket, apparently, and just remained in the station. Had your intent been to buy a ticket, the officer would not have issued the summons.
I put them in three different places, cuz they're three different types of law questions. And once again, in hindsight I would have bought the ticket before had I KNOWN it wasn't allowed to sit there. I just didn't know.

HomeGuru

I put them in three different places, cuz they're three different types of law questions. And once again, in hindsight I would have bought the ticket before had I KNOWN it wasn't allowed to sit there. I just didn't know.
**A: anyway, you did not tell us the full and compete story of what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">