• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Under 18 : What do I need to travel back to my country ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Darkwell

I'm from Virginia.

Hi.

I'm a 17 french girl and my parents immigrated here last july. I know that I have a VISA, I guess a student VISA, and I wonder if my passport is enough to take the plane to France.
I also wonder if they can prevent me from traveling.

Thanks for yout help.

ImmigAttyLana

Going TO France if you are a French citizen is not the problem. However, if you want to make sure you can return to the US, you need to make sure you have a valid visa in your passport that will allow you to return to the US.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need additional assistance with this matter.

D

Darkwell

Thanks a lot for your reply.

As I'm new in this country, I don't know how the relationships between parents and children work.
I'd like to be sure that even if my parents disaprove my trip for the christmas holidays I will be free to go. I'm sure that my VISA allows me to return but even though it's not really the problem because I feel like staying at my sister's in France till I turn 18 in a few months (adult age in France).
The fact is that my father came here for money and I left a lot of things including school behind me.

thanks a lot for your suport.

ImmigAttyLana

Then this really does not appear to be an immigration question but a question between you and your parents and I am not able to advise you on that point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">