• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreported Birth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NukDom235

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

We live in California.

My name is Michael and I'm 22 years old.
My brother is Joseph and is 20 years old and is the person requiring help.

My parents are citizens and my siblings and I are all citizens by birth. But my parents at the ages of 17 and 18 ran to Mexicali, Mexico and had my brother Joseph. They didn't report his birth to the Embassy or consular. The hospital, Central de Salud, supposed burned down; I can't find it so I can't request a birth certificate.

We don't know what we need to get (birth certificate, apply for green card, visa, etc.) but ideally we will get him full citizenship such as the rest of his family with paperwork, social security, US rights & privileges, etc.. This should have been a regular documentation of U.S. Citizens born abroad, but nothing was reported.

Shouldn't something have happened with Child Citizenship Act of 2000?

Thanks for any help.

And if anyone knows of a lawyer willing to help pro bono that would be of enormous help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ImmigAttyLana

The official birth records would not be held by the hospital but by the agency in that area that is responsible for such vital records. Just because a hospital goes out of business or burns down does not mean that all births that took place there are no longer on record. Search for the particular province/city's office of vital records that would have jurisdiction over the place of the hospital.

Secondly, how did your parents bring the baby back to the US? Did they just hide him under their clothes? They would have had to have SOME document for him in order to bring him back to the US?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">