• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent F-1 to H1 to F-1!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anipk

NM

:confused::confused:

Presently I am on F-1 student visa as a full time student. My F-1 visa is valid till December 2008.

I am doing internship with company who filed my H-1 and it is approved with effective date of 1st October 2007 .

But now I want to continue my studies full time instead of going on full time job.

1) If I ask company to cancel my H-1 visa, will i be on F-1 after 1st October 2007?

2) If Have to file COS application, what will be the good time to file it?
Can I file it now? (But then presently I am on F-1 Visa).
can I file COS now and request my status to be changed to F-1 on Ocotber 2nd 2007, so that there will not be any gap in my F-1?
or should I wait till H-1 get approves and then file for COS to F-1?

anipk

What is meaning of adjudication.

New Mexico.

Dear Attorney,

My COS from F-1 to H-1 is approved. I have received notice. (from USCIS). It mentions effective start date of 1st October 2007.

Does it mean it is adjudicated?

What happens if I ask company to cancel it? Can They do it and I continue of F-1?

Please let me know. Thank you for your time.

-Anipk:confused::confused:

ImmigAttyLana

No, if it is revoked at this time, your F-1 is not automatically reinstated. You will need to do a new change of status from H-1B to F-1 and probably have to do it once the H-1B becomes valid.

ImmigAttyLana

No, if it is revoked at this time, your F-1 is not automatically reinstated. You will need to do a new change of status from H-1B to F-1 and probably have to do it once the H-1B becomes valid. You might be able to speak to the foreign student representative at your school and see if it can be resolved now by having the revocation/withdrawal of the H-1B.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">