• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent:FNU Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

test005

Urgent:FNU Issue

I have H1B Stamping at mexico.Now when u see my H1B Visa and I-94,Name is not correctly written.
Its written as :

Sur Name:Last Name,First Name
Given Name:FNU(First Name Unknown)

In Passport,First Name Last Name is written as Name.so there is no way to distingusih last name and first name.Looks like thats why they confused.??

Whats the easiest solution to ths FNU issue.??Please suggest.

I am leaving out of coountry soon and my wife is applying for h4 visa soon.
Is this the problem.

Thanks in advance.

ImmigAttyLana

Why don't you contact the attorney that assisted you and the company with the H-1B filing to straighten this out? That would be the appropriate person to assist you with this.

test005

Hey Thanks.
I don't have any attorney.Its issues from counselorit not related to any company ,who did the mistake.

Please suggest.where do i have to contact to correct this misktake in my name in visa?

ImmigAttyLana

But is the name in the visa written the same way it appears on the H-1B petition that was filed on your behalf? If so, then you need to get in touch with whomever filed the H-1B petition on your behalf if your name was written incorrectly there. If it was just the consular error, then get in touch with the Consulate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">