• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent: Simultaneous H1B transfers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sfo

What is the name of your state? CA

I am currently working with company A and company B has filed my H1B transfer petition. This got an RFE. Meanwhile I got another better offer from company C. My question is

1. Can company C transfer my H1B to their company even when the first transfer is under process and has got RFE?

2. In case I can submit parallel transfer petitions, will company B lose out the VISA processing fees (and premium processing charges) or will that be refunded to them?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

No

If you are not legally working for any of your previous employers,for whom the INS issued a valid(aprooved) form i 797,then the company C in your case cannot file a transfer.How ever,they can file a new h1b petition for you.The bottom line,that if you are status before joining another company,then muiltiple companies can file transfers based on your previous valid status.Hope this helps.And No once applied I do not believe that INS returns any money back.If you want more accurate answers go to immigration.com.The forums out there are designed for forien aliens on non immigrant visas.Most people here won;t even know many details about such cases.

thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">