• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US citizen child born outside usa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usabound06

What is the name of your state? VA

My daughter was born in Toronto, ON Canada and now we reside in VA. I am a US citizen, do I need to go back to Toronto to apply birth abroad certification or can I apply from here. If so, what form can I use? Thanks for your help

usabound06

ImmigAttyLana

How long ago was it that she was born? It is really important to register the birth of a child born outside the US as soon after the child is born as possible.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? VA

My daughter was born in Toronto, ON Canada and now we reside in VA. I am a US citizen, do I need to go back to Toronto to apply birth abroad certification or can I apply from here. If so, what form can I use? Thanks for your help

usabound06
google is your friend:

http://www.amcits.com/birth_abroad.asp
The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada accept applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for children under 18 born in Canada or elsewhere outside the United States; and currently residing in Canada.
(read more, as the child is NOT residing in Canada)

usabound06

us citizen child born outside usa

She is one year old, basically we move back to the states when she was 4 months old. She has canadian birth certificate. Do I really have to go to the US consulate in toronto or can i apply from here (virginia). I know that the consulate in toronto able to give us the certification but I am trying to avoid going back there due to financial reason. I am a US Citizen and my wife is a greencard holder.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">