• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US citizen marry a foreigner in the US.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Henryzx

What is the name of your state? California

Hello everyone,

this is probably. a hot question since lots of people now aday getting married with foreigner/foreign student who currently living in the US. Herés the question.

Inorder for US citizen to get marry with a foreigner, a foreign student in particular who has a study visa here in the US/ state of Californiạ What are the process/documentation/conditions do we have to go through here in the states.

What are the form do we need to fill out and apply? before and/or after marriage certificate being done???

All professional/experience advices are welcome and greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Henry

S

smilygo

I-485

Henry,

You need to fill out I-485 (Application for Change of Status). You will need to provide a lot of back-up documents. If you get a copy of I-485, it explains you what you need to get. Pictures, your tax return for the past three years, health exam result, your employers' letter, just to name few. Make sure to read the form so that you get everything when you are ready to apply for your wife. BTY, you need an official certified copy of the marriage certificate (you have to pay for it to get it). Good luck!!:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">