• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Citizen wanting to marry UK citizen ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

siriuslupin089

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 6 years. We want to start a life together, but I'm American and he's British (Welsh). I'm currently over here to spend the Christmas holiday with him, and we're deciding what's the next step to take if we want to spend the rest of our lives together.

We're at the point that we want to travel to the US. I was trying to look into trying the I-129F form route, but that would mean he'd need to be over here and doing things on this end, as well as a lengthy time until he's actually allowed in the USA. I was looking at the I-130 form, but I don't really understand how that would work, especially if he will be coming over as a Tourist. Would it be easier to marry over here in the UK, then head over to the US and then apply for the I-130? My ticket back is technically March 2016.

If it makes any difference, both he and I have our designated passports already and we are a same-sex couple.

Many thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">