• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US citizenship: Continuous residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caforum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KS

I am ready to apply for US citizenship. I had 3 travel outside US during last 5 years. First 2 were personal trip to visit family and lasted only 3 week each. But last trip was at the request of my US employer (while abroad I was still employed in US and geting US pay) and was suppose to last only 4 months. However, after going abroad I feel sick and was geting treated abroad. Couldn't come back to US for 7 months. What are my chances of getting approved for US citizenship

While I was abroad, I had my family travel with me and I didn't have any house in US. BUt I did have my financial assets here and was getting paid by US company in USD. Was employed as US company's employee

ImmigAttyLana

YOu will need to document all your international travels but you should be fine as long as you have had sufficient residency in the US for the other part of the 5 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">