• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US entry requirements for pregnant women

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dildoras

New York, NY.

Could you pls consult me on the following: the friend of mine has got an H1B visa to work in the US. His wife has got an H4 visa. My friend's job starts in November in New York. And his wife is 6-month pregnant. The question is: Are there any US entry restrictions for pregnant women? Should she enter the US before she gets 7-month pregnant (October 12), or is she allowed to enter the country in November when she is 8 months already? Waiting for your quick reply. Many thanks in advance.

AHA

dildoras said:
New York, NY.

Could you pls consult me on the following: the friend of mine has got an H1B visa to work in the US. His wife has got an H4 visa. My friend's job starts in November in New York. And his wife is 6-month pregnant. The question is: Are there any US entry restrictions for pregnant women? Should she enter the US before she gets 7-month pregnant (October 12), or is she allowed to enter the country in November when she is 8 months already? Waiting for your quick reply. Many thanks in advance.
What you should be checking is what airline would allow an 8 month pregnant woman on the flight.

mikeno1

Airlines will fly internationally up to 35th week

Well most international airlines will fly you anywhere up to 35th week. However, you will need to submit a medical clearance certificate in most cases.

About entering the US, for most part if it does not seem that the person is entering the US just to have the child there should be no problem. Further, it would be advisable to ensure that you can show that you have sufficient funds to pay for the delivery.

candg918

A practical concern is whether she will be able to find a doctor willing to accept her as a patient in such late pregnancy especially since all of her prior medical treatment would have been abroad. Many OBGYNs in my location have a waiting time of many months for a new patient - if they are taking any at all. Of course, she would be able to get care for delivery by appearing at a hospital in labor, but this is not the best situation since she would have had no monitoring at the end of the pregnancy.

Recall also that a person on H1B cannot enter the US anytime he/she wishes. There is a limited window before the start date for entry.

CourtClerk

Did either one of you take the time to read the DATE on the original post before you necroposted??? I think not. The "child" in question should be about 2 1/2 years old by now.

DO NOT NECROPOST

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">