• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USA student Visa Immigration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alichaudary

Hello there everyone,
My Name is Ali Chaudaray I from Pakistan, I'm a law student. Its my final year and I've been thinking from past couple of days hey why don't I try to study in the USA. People tell me that US has made their visa polices a lot strict than the before. As I've visited US visa & immigration website too, there is some tons of information and catagories which I simply can't process at the moment. So please guys help me in this regard. How can I get visa for US to advance my studies further in law.
Regards.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Step 1 would be getting accepted into an academic program.

You can only get a student visa if you are a student.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html/

https://educationusa.state.gov/your-5-steps-us-study

However, if you are here asking such *basic* questions, then I suggest you pay someone to walk through the paperwork.

FlyingRon

If you're talking about completing your law degree, that's probably not practical given the fact that no US school is likely to give you any credit for what you're doing in Pakistan. Furhter, the timing is a little late.

If you're thinking about continuing your education in some other program of study as not2clever says, you need to find a program that will accept you and then go through them to get the ball rolling on the visa. The other major requirement is that you have to be able to fund your program of study without relying on working in the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">