• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USA Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Original-Unico

Someone from Mexico asked me to write a letter inviting two people to come to USA to visit me, it is just with the intention to get a visa from USA government for both, they pretend to visit someone living in an state far away from where I live, in fact they are not visiting me. Also I’m in the process to get the legal documents for my wife, my question is, if I write the invitation document for the couple from Mexico, does it affect negatively my wife’s petition, or I can get in trouble with the US government?

Jhoell

Based on my experience it will not cause any harm with the petition of your wife, however if this 2 person did something wrong in any part of the USA you will be liable for them because you send the invitation. If you can trust them and you know for yourself that they have no bad intentions then it's up to you. But if you don't even know them personally I suggest not to. Because it might cause you a problem in the future. Good luck.

Someone from Mexico asked me to write a letter inviting two people to come to USA to visit me, it is just with the intention to get a visa from USA government for both, they pretend to visit someone living in an state far away from where I live, in fact they are not visiting me. Also I’m in the process to get the legal documents for my wife, my question is, if I write the invitation document for the couple from Mexico, does it affect negatively my wife’s petition, or I can get in trouble with the US government?
It could.
..____________________
~ If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you,
that would suffice.

t74

You need new friends. Friends do not ask that you LIE to a governmental agency.

If these people happen to engage in a criminal activity, you will be connected.

DO NOT DO THIS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">