• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

using 3rd party information for INS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sargam

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
some one i know came to this country based on mrriage, then filed for devorce and now is trying to apply for permanent green card based on "batered wife" or the fact that it had to be done.
my quesiton is, she is trying to collect proofs and has a picture of mine with her family, can she submit my picture to INS for some sort of proof without my permission? i think she did all this for green card so i dont want any part of it. thank you.

ImmigAttyLana

If she was, in fact, battered or suffered some form of domestic violence that could qualify her for this classification and if she has sufficient proof of this, then, yes, she can go forward with her application with your permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">