• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visa denial confusion..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angrydrug

My mom applied for a petition I-130. i had my visa interview first week of feb of this year.. last saturday MAY 2, she received a denial notice and that all the papers will be returned to her in the US by the USEM here in manila.

today, monday MAY 4, a friend of my mom who works at the USEM called me up and said that my visa will be approved but i have to take a medical exam and NBI clearance again because both these documents are about to expire.

he also told me to drop by today at the USEM to get my passport in order for me to take a medical exam again.. he said he asked his superior officer to talk to the consulate who initially reviewed and denied my mom's petition to reconsider my case and re-review my papers. he said that after the consulate re-reviewed my papers, my visa was approved and so now all i need to do is get a medical exam and NBI clearance.

this is so confusing please help

evcalyptos

My mom applied for a petition I-130. i had my visa interview first week of feb of this year.. last saturday MAY 2, she received a denial notice and that all the papers will be returned to her in the US by the USEM here in manila.

today, monday MAY 4, a friend of my mom who works at the USEM called me up and said that my visa will be approved but i have to take a medical exam and NBI clearance again because both these documents are about to expire.

he also told me to drop by today at the USEM to get my passport in order for me to take a medical exam again.. he said he asked his superior officer to talk to the consulate who initially reviewed and denied my mom's petition to reconsider my case and re-review my papers. he said that after the consulate re-reviewed my papers, my visa was approved and so now all i need to do is get a medical exam and NBI clearance.

this is so confusing please help
The Embassy is the only place you're going to get an answer. You need an answer from them.

angrydrug

Thanks

thank you for your reply.

i don't know how to get an answer directly from the US embassy here. i went there yesterday to claim my pass port and my mom's friend gave me this request letter for my medical exam.

today, i took my medical exam again.

my question is, is it possible that my visa got approved 1 working day after the USEM sent a denial notice to my mom in the states?

evcalyptos

thank you for your reply.

i don't know how to get an answer directly from the US embassy here. i went there yesterday to claim my pass port and my mom's friend gave me this request letter for my medical exam.

today, i took my medical exam again.

my question is, is it possible that my visa got approved 1 working day after the USEM sent a denial notice to my mom in the states?
It's impossible to tell from what you have written.
Your visa is not yet approved--I suspect that the letter your mom got was about her petition being returned to the US.

I would stay in touch with USE and provide everything they ask for.

angrydrug

yes, papers to be returned to the States was in the letter as well as the reasons why the visa was denied such as, i failed the interview by not being accurate with my answers and my mom's questionable marriage to her US citizen husband..

she was suspected of fraud a couple of years back by forging her ex-husband's (my biological father) signature in their divorce papers which resulted to the cancellation of my already approved tourist visa when i was a child (i'm 22 now).. the case went to court and i think the judge cleared her of all accusations and solidified her current marriage..

i do hope my visa will get approved this time. i already took 2 medical exams which cost us around $400.. ms evcalyptos, is there still a possibility that my visa will get denied again? after the USE asked us for another medical exam?

thank you so much for your time and i truly appreciate you help..

evcalyptos

yes, papers to be returned to the States was in the letter as well as the reasons why the visa was denied such as, i failed the interview by not being accurate with my answers and my mom's questionable marriage to her US citizen husband..

she was suspected of fraud a couple of years back by forging her ex-husband's (my biological father) signature in their divorce papers which resulted to the cancellation of my already approved tourist visa when i was a child (i'm 22 now).. the case went to court and i think the judge cleared her of all accusations and solidified her current marriage..

i do hope my visa will get approved this time. i already took 2 medical exams which cost us around $400.. ms evcalyptos, is there still a possibility that my visa will get denied again? after the USE asked us for another medical exam?

thank you so much for your time and i truly appreciate you help..
Of course the visa can still be denied. However, requesting the new medical is a positive sign.

angrydrug

thanks so much ms evcalyptos.
all your replies were very helpful. i'm just gonna have to wait if my visa approval will push through or not.

i just took my sputum exam and i'm gonna have to wait two months for the result.

i will post the developments here at this forum

thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">