• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visa medical exam question in Philippines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neiru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife and kids are in the Philippines. I will begin the process to bring her over. My two sons are U.S. Citizens because of me. They already have American Passports. For my wife I will get her a visa. During this process she needs to travel to Manilla to do a medical exam. I was wondering if she goes alone or do my children have to also attend? Also both of my sons have their U.S. passports, but only one has a Philippines passport will that be a problem? How soon can my wife get a social security number once she arrives in the U.S.?

LdiJ

My wife and kids are in the Philippines. I will begin the process to bring her over. My two sons are U.S. Citizens because of me. They already have American Passports. For my wife I will get her a visa. During this process she needs to travel to Manilla to do a medical exam. I was wondering if she goes alone or do my children have to also attend? Also both of my sons have their U.S. passports, but only one has a Philippines passport will that be a problem? How soon can my wife get a social security number once she arrives in the U.S.?
If your children are already US citizens with US passports that they will be using to travel to the US, then no special permission is required for them to travel here.

Your wife, if she has a proper spousal visa to immigrate here, will get a social within just a couple of months of her arrival...maybe even faster.

Proserpina

How long have you been married?

(your children don't need to attend the medical exam. Just remind her that if they try to give her an unsealed envelope, USCIS may throw it back - the medical report needs to be sealed)

Neiru

How long have you been married?

(your children don't need to attend the medical exam. Just remind her that if they try to give her an unsealed envelope, USCIS may throw it back - the medical report needs to be sealed)
This Saturday will make it 4 years that we have been married. Yes, it's taken a long time unfortunately. Finally this year I can bring her and the kids over. Don't ask why it's taken so long, I don't want to think about that. Just happy that it's finally going to happen soon. I'll tell her to make sure the envelope is sealed. I'll tell her that she doesn't have to take the kids with her to Manilla. Anything else I should know?

Proserpina

This Saturday will make it 4 years that we have been married. Yes, it's taken a long time unfortunately. Finally this year I can bring her and the kids over. Don't ask why it's taken so long, I don't want to think about that. Just happy that it's finally going to happen soon. I'll tell her to make sure the envelope is sealed. I'll tell her that she doesn't have to take the kids with her to Manilla. Anything else I should know?

To be honest, I'd sit down with an attorney.

While *I* don't believe you'd have trouble, there is still a chance - albeit small, perhaps - that USCIS will take note of the fact you haven't been living together as man and wife

Personally, I believe that having two children with Mom kills any suspicion of fraud. It still might not be a bad idea though just to have a face to face with an attorney.

Neiru

To be honest, I'd sit down with an attorney.

While *I* don't believe you'd have trouble, there is still a chance - albeit small, perhaps - that USCIS will take note of the fact you haven't been living together as man and wife

Personally, I believe that having two children with Mom kills any suspicion of fraud. It still might not be a bad idea though just to have a face to face with an attorney.
I really don't want to see an attorney. Too much money. Our marriage is no way a fraud. If she needs to bring some proof than that's fine. We have nothing to hide. My sons look like me..that can't be hidden.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">