• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visa needed for Nanny/Au Pair in Argentina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyberfem

State of Maryland.

I would like to bring an Au Pair to the U.S. who is currently living in Argentina for 8 months. She is 22 years old and is an experienced Au Pair, has references, and training certifications. I am not sure what type of visa is best for her to apply for. She will be working full time and would also like to study while she is here, taking a couple classes we found through UMBC.

At first it seems the J1 visa is the best option but for us it is not because it requires each of us to pay an agency $5k+ for the service to match us, train her and obtain the visa. However, we don't need the service because she already has the required skills.

Does anyone know what visa works best for this type of situation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

State of Maryland.

I would like to bring an Au Pair to the U.S. who is currently living in Argentina for 8 months. She is 22 years old and is an experienced Au Pair, has references, and training certifications. I am not sure what type of visa is best for her to apply for. She will be working full time and would also like to study while she is here, taking a couple classes we found through UMBC.

At first it seems the J1 visa is the best option but for us it is not because it requires each of us to pay an agency $5k+ for the service to match us, train her and obtain the visa. However, we don't need the service because she already has the required skills.

Does anyone know what visa works best for this type of situation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

J1 is actually much easier when all is said and done; that doesn't require that you show that there are no US citizens available to work.

Read more here:

http://blog.messersmithlaw.com/?p=302

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">