• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visa under 18?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pioupiou

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

Hello,
I'm from France and I'm 17. I started a tech company in France. During my holidays in California (Visa Waiver Program), I realized what the US could bring to my business. I would like to integrate an incubator program here in California for 4 months, it would give a boost to my business and then I would come back to France.
Because I'm not 18, do you think it's possible to get a B1?

Thanks.

Last edited:

t74

You are not old enough at 17 to sign legal documents for your business. You will need to be 18 if you intend to sign contracts in the US. I suggest that you contact a US business attorney to assist you in properly defining what you need to do for your business and an immigration attorney so you understand what work you may do on a B-1 visa. If the program you want to attend is a class, the group conducting it can give you information about the status you must be in to attend; you may need an F-1 student visa.

You need to have a better plan and understanding about conducting business in the US. Do not be impatient; the US will be here a long time, and you are young. Good luck!

pioupiou

You are not old enough at 17 to sign legal documents for your business. You will need to be 18 if you intend to sign contracts in the US. I suggest that you contact a US business attorney to assist you in properly defining what you need to do for your business and an immigration attorney so you understand what work you may do on a B-1 visa. If the program you want to attend is a class, the group conducting it can give you information about the status you must be in to attend; you may need an F-1 student visa.

You need to have a better plan and understanding about conducting business in the US. Do not be impatient; the US will be here a long time, and you are young. Good luck!
Thanks for answering.

Even if my parents are ok? I mean it's crazy you can't have an entrepreneurial life before the majority.

I know but this is a very very good opportunity and it will not last forever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">