• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visiting county jail , I have valid ID, but overstayed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessica1982

I have lived here in California for a while. Still have valid ID but overstayed on my visa. My us citizen boyfriend is in county jail and want me to visit him.

I applied online for jail visitation and got approved. Does the approval mean that besides they know that I have no warrant that they could care less/ not in their best interest to know my immigration status OR that my ID is enough for them to verify me as someone who possess a no threat , and that is why they need my ID for.

Do they run jail visitor ID onto immigration database? Will I run into trouble if I visit him.

Thank You Kindly

RRevak

I have lived here in California for a while. Still have valid ID but overstayed on my visa. My us citizen boyfriend is in county jail and want me to visit him.

I applied online for jail visitation and got approved. Does the approval mean that besides they know that I have no warrant that they could care less/ not in their best interest to know my immigration status OR that my ID is enough for them to verify me as someone who possess a no threat , and that is why they need my ID for.

Do they run jail visitor ID onto immigration database? Will I run into trouble if I visit him.

Thank You Kindly
Why are you still here illegally?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Since when does California care about those pesky things called federal laws?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">