• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happened to thread? lol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlexG6

What is the name of your state? CA

I guess someone deleted my old thread,
My wife is sponsoring me and we just completed the I-864 paperwork. We received a letter that our case has been handed over to the consulate in Mexico. it has been about 6 months now and we have not received anything. is this normal? how long does it take to get the next package? In the last package, we were told not to call the consulate but have our last 3 tax returns ready.

thanks in advance

p.s. please do not delete this if i do not respond right away

ImmigAttyLana

Did you receive the packet withe next set of forms and instructions on how to complete the medicals, how to obtain police clearances, etc? If not, then you need to contact the NVC.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? CA

I guess someone deleted my old thread,
My wife is sponsoring me and we just completed the I-864 paperwork. We received a letter that our case has been handed over to the consulate in Mexico. it has been about 6 months now and we have not received anything. is this normal? how long does it take to get the next package? In the last package, we were told not to call the consulate but have our last 3 tax returns ready.

thanks in advance

p.s. please do not delete this if i do not respond right away
You mean this one: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=365339
It's about 6 lines down from the top. Look for your user name if you get lost.

AlexG6

Did you receive the packet withe next set of forms and instructions on how to complete the medicals, how to obtain police clearances, etc? If not, then you need to contact the NVC.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
No I did not receive any forms. I contacted the NVC and they said the whole case is in Juarez. The last packet I received as sated above, told me my case had been sent to Juarez, have my 3 latetest tax returns ready.

evcalyptos, thanks for the pointer, so is 11 months the wait time? is this the meeting for me to leave the country? I thought I had to do some medical examinations,fingerprints, etc?

evcalyptos

No I did not receive any forms. I contacted the NVC and they said the whole case is in Juarez. The last packet I received as sated above, told me my case had been sent to Juarez, have my 3 latetest tax returns ready.

evcalyptos, thanks for the pointer, so is 11 months the wait time? is this the meeting for me to leave the country? I thought I had to do some medical examinations,fingerprints, etc?
I don't know--you have not yet said what you are applying for or on what basis--I made a guess based on one form that you mentioned.

If you would care to post the details of what you are doing, what you have done already and what you think/know you are missing, you can get some information.

My guess would be just a guess at this point.

You might want to search for groups that have other users doing whatever it is that you are doing. This is not a very good group for details, and I do participate at other more active groups. You could visit www.familybasedimmigration.com to see if your questions have already been answered.
And do post with more detail if you want help.
:)

AlexG6

im sorry for not posting the details.Im married with a U.S citizen and she has petetioned me (im a foreigner living in U.S) I-130. We filled out paperwork such as the Aff. of Support,Agent of Choice, etc. We had a small problem with the Aff of support but it was no biggie. Finally, we got a package saying the Aff of support had been approved and the case had been sent to the consulate in Mexico (Juarez). My question is as follows, it has been 6 months since my Aff. of Support got approved, is this normal?

evcalyptos

im sorry for not posting the details.Im married with a U.S citizen and she has petetioned me (im a foreigner living in U.S) I-130. We filled out paperwork such as the Aff. of Support,Agent of Choice, etc. We had a small problem with the Aff of support but it was no biggie. Finally, we got a package saying the Aff of support had been approved and the case had been sent to the consulate in Mexico (Juarez). My question is as follows, it has been 6 months since my Aff. of Support got approved, is this normal?
The I-864 has not been 'approved'--only the Consular Officer can do that at the time of your interview.
The NVC (where you've sent your papers so far) simply collects the first round of visa application documents. You can read about the role of the National Visa Center at travel.state.gov and uscis.gov
Once the NVC notifies you that your case has been sent to Juarez, the wait is about 11 months currently--they are very backed up. When it comes your turn for an interview, you'll get instructions about what other documents you need to bring and when/where to go for your medical.

I don't know about contactig Juarez for more information--they are notoriously hard to reach, but I suggest you start looking at other user-groups online to find people using the same Consulate for an Immigrant Visa (not a K visa--their process is different). I gave you a link to one group earlier. They'll be able to give you some tips to streamline the rest of your appliation.
Suerte!

AlexG6

thanks mate!
In the last package, they did mention not to call the consulate in regards to the how to long the process takes, but thanks a bunch.

evcalyptos

thanks mate!
In the last package, they did mention not to call the consulate in regards to the how to long the process takes, but thanks a bunch.
My pleasure.
You can start searching online for which documents you'll need for the interview (Mexico has special rules about the police certificate.. don't know if you need to get your own, I think not). It's commonly called "Packet 3" or P 3.. look on the US Consulate CJ's website for Immigrant Visa instructions.

The interview is easy. The wait is just long--too many applicants all at once.

AlexG6

thanks, I have spent some time on the CJ Consulate website, what is a priority date? I cant seem to find which dates are currently being proccessed?

thanks in advance

evcalyptos

thanks, I have spent some time on the CJ Consulate website, what is a priority date? I cant seem to find which dates are currently being proccessed?

thanks in advance
You can use google to learn about priority dates.. they do not apply to you as the spouse of a USC. (your priority date is always current)
I see on their site the required documents and medical info you wanted.
As for the dates, youi may have to find other user groups as I suggested before. Not all Consulates keep the interview schedule on their website.

Both the applicant and the petitioner must respond to the NVC mailings before the case is forwarded to the Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez. (The U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez handles all immigrant visas for Mexico. Neither the Embassy in Mexico City nor other U. S. consulates in Mexico issue immigrant visas.) If the priority date is not current, the NVC will keep the approved petition on file until the priority date is reached. Once the case is forwarded to the Consulate, an appointment for a final visa interview will be scheduled.

That is where you are now. You simply do not know how many people are in front of you.
The 11-12 months timeline seems to be holding from what I read from other applicants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">