• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my Status?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H1Transfer

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I am on L2 with EAD. My employer would like file for Green Card using the already approved labor(Labor Substitution). Since the dates are current now, I can file I-140,I-485,EAD and AP. Do I need to maintain the L2 status. Am I still dependant on my husband L1 Visa.
If I am indepandent of L2 visa, What visa Status? I am going to be? Can I travle outsite the country using AP.

Thanks,

ImmigAttyLana

YOu don't need to maintain your L-2 status once the I-485 is filed as long as you have a reasonable basis to believe the I-140 on the basis of substitution will be approved. If you have any doubts or hesitations, I would suggest that you maintain your L-2 status since if the I-140 is denied, so will the I-485 and any associated petitions.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">