• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What state can I marry my illegal mexican boyfriend who has a expired passport.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHA

I don't want to hijack the board, but I want to ask this.

How do we repay all of the people that paid all that money to immigrate legally when everyone who DIDN'T pay all that money to immigrate legally are granted amnesty?

Hardly seems fair.
Yeah, where's my refund?

csilva

You can marry him in any state that just accepts a US picture ID. I did. But it will not make him legal and you need to start right away in getting him legal.Be very careful with a lawyer I have been through 2 of them and they both lied. If you are willing you can do it yourself by going on the usstate.gov or uscis web sites. They are available to talk by phone. It is not that difficult to do.

csilva

Missour:) I want to know what state can I marry my illegal mexican boyfriend, he has a mexican birth certificate and expired passport. I am a legal citizen. We plan to marry later, we are in process of getting joint accts. and insurance and we are serious not just for his citizenship. I live in mo. but illinois is just 3 miles away. I just want to know what states?

Thanks
Anywhere that only requires a picture ID.

Proserpina

You can marry him in any state that just accepts a US picture ID. I did. But it will not make him legal and you need to start right away in getting him legal.Be very careful with a lawyer I have been through 2 of them and they both lied. If you are willing you can do it yourself by going on the usstate.gov or uscis web sites. They are available to talk by phone. It is not that difficult to do.
Thread is over a month old...OP hasn't been back since then. It probably doesn't need to be resurrected :)

(that and we STILL don't know if OP's boyfriend entered legally or not which makes a HUGE difference)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">