• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats Next after I130 approved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cleveland_852

Hi,

I live in California and I am on H1B Visa. I got married 2 years back to a Green Card Holder and Yesterday i got Email from USCIS that My I 130 Got approved. I want to know what does it mean..Will i get EAD ot Green Card or I have to still wait for more processing...Please let me know if you any thing abt these scenarios.

evcalyptos

Hi,

I live in California and I am on H1B Visa. I got married 2 years back to a Green Card Holder and Yesterday i got Email from USCIS that My I 130 Got approved. I want to know what does it mean..Will i get EAD ot Green Card or I have to still wait for more processing...Please let me know if you any thing abt these scenarios.
I-130 petition approval means nothing for you at this point. You still need to have a visa number available.

Use your "priority date" and check the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov for a rough idea of how long the wait is (usually 4 to 5 years from filing I-130 aka priority date).
If your spouse naturalizes to US citizenship, you are immediately eligible to apply to adjust status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">