• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will PERM be any help ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valeo

What is the name of your state? Florida
I came to US with a J1 visa and overstayed .I do have a sponsor to sponsor me for PERM and i vanna know if i can get my papers tru this proces.Thank you

ImmigAttyLana

Not unless 245i is resurrected. You can get through the PERM process and also through the I-140, but you will not be able to file for adjustment of status in the US if you are here out of status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

valeo

Thank you for u're help first of all and i wonder what benefits i will have if i file for Perm knowing that i will not be able to adjust my status ?

ImmigAttyLana

Nothing different than what you would have if you filed for labor certification now before PERM is in effect. PERM is just the new name for the labor certification process and it will be processed a bit differently. The impact of PERM is not going to change anything for people who are in the US out of status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">