• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will there be any problem with my Green Card processing due to a 'fare evasion' ticke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rajanand

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

At a New York subway station, my MTA card didn't work at the turnstile. I didn't find any person to help me on this side so I used the open handicap gate to look for some help on the other side. However, I was stopped by a cop and he asked for my ID and then gave me a ticket for 'fare evasion'. It's a yellow ticket with a heading "Transit Adjudication Bureau"

I want to know whether this will affect my Green card processing in any way. I have I-140 approved and I-485 filed and working on EAD right now.

Please advise.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

At a New York subway station, my MTA card didn't work at the turnstile. I didn't find any person to help me on this side so I used the open handicap gate to look for some help on the other side. However, I was stopped by a cop and he asked for my ID and then gave me a ticket for 'fare evasion'. It's a yellow ticket with a heading "Transit Adjudication Bureau"

I want to know whether this will affect my Green card processing in any way. I have I-140 approved and I-485 filed and working on EAD right now.

Please advise.
Pay the fine, and you'll be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">