• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will they accept my N-400

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citylover

What is the name of your state? Maryland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completed my N400 and sent it by FedEx on Saturday to Vermont. It will be delived this morning July 30th, but it was received and stamped by FedEX on Saturday July 28th. So I am sure I made the deadline.

In the application on Part 7 we had to list the trips taken outside the country. I had 3 pages of trips listed because I am from Canada and often go just for the weekend as I live in Maryland. I forgot to fill in the box (give the number value) that asked for the TOTAL number of days spent outside the USA and the box with the TOTAL number of days of 24 hrs or more.

The trips all ranged from 4 days to 10 days. I had a total of 23 trips.

Also Part 10 - they asked for affiliations witrh organizations, associations etc.
I submitted 4 pages listed of these as I work extensively (outside of my job) doing volunteer work with community groups and mentoring youth and assisting non-profit groups. As well I have received countless awards for my civic contributions from both the local and national level. I llisted these as well as I have been honored by many organizations.

I am concerned that because of what I omitted in Part 7 (giving the TOTAL number), my application may be rejected.

What do you think?

Also if they just return it asking for that one page to be completed will I have to pay again? Pay the $800 fee rather than the $400 fee?

I called but the clerk could not tell me what would happen and said as far as the date goes the application must be date stamped by July 27 or 28 to be accepted with the old fee.

ImmigAttyLana

If there are any issues with the N-400 application, you will receive a request for additional evidence from the USCIS. You do not need to worry about it at this point. As for the fee, as long as it is postmarked or accepted for processing by courier before7/30/07, you should be fine with the lower filing fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">